You Are Reading

OUGD401 // Publication // Newspaper Club

I have chosen to go with a newspaper for my final publication. The main reasons for this is that it will work well with my very modernist layout but also keep things quite contemporary.

I started to think about how architects would like to read the magazine, and originally though about creating the book in a style of blueprints that come folded up inside a folder. Then i realised that this would be too difficult and awkward for the user to navigate around it and also, I'm not really designing this for Architects. they could be just a small section of my target audience.

By creating a newspaper, I still maintain the original concept of having large sheets like that of what an architect would design on, but it also accessible and in a format that would be relevant to the theme of the publication while also being relevant to todays audience. A newspaper is a format that is instantly recognisable but by making my content more contemporary and not something you would find normally in a newspaper, this makes it a little bit different and innovative.


Newspaper Club




 A really good company I have used before to achieve a professional final product. They print great looking and quality newspapers using industrial machines. 

I'm hoping the half-tone i have used will come out okay, so it's a bit of a game but it should work really well for this particular subject. 



As I had already put together my publication in Indesign, it was so easy for me to change the margins and bleed lines to suit the specifications of Newspaper Club. I sent a hi-res PDF for them to print. 




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.