You Are Reading

Responsive - Bacardi Brief - Primary Research

I thought it was important to sample a few existing rums and to also dissect what is successful and not as successful about them aesthetically (not taste). As a rum fan, I already had some sailor jerry left for a rainy day, which is my favourite spiced rum. I like everything about it from it's taste down to it's whole identity.

I didn't nesacerily want to steal the whole 'sailor' theme from this rum because it's not really what Bacardi is about. However, I wanted to take the element of 'LADS' enjoying rum together historically into the present day to help promote to my target audience.


____Sailor Jerry 









 I really like the focus on tattooing for the Sailor Jerry Brand. It gives the rum a much more stand out identity and this is what I think Bacardi is missing. I need to create something that males of my age today can associate themselves with, within the brand. I feel that by creating a much more 'hisotrically' looking selection of products for Bacardi, This will overall tap into my chosen market. 

Successful elements of the Sailor Jerry Bottle Packaging are ; 

- Stock of Labels are authentic.
- Tattoo Traditional Illustrations.
- Print on the inside of the label. 
- Corked Top. 



____Mount Gay Rum 







Mount Gay is a cheaper branded rum and to a certain extent you can see this through the packaging. I do however, think some elements are really succesful. I like the way that barbados come through clearly in the brand with the outline of the country and taglines. I also like how the glass has been moulded to create the logo that is also running through in the lid of the bottle. I think this adds a touch of quality to the product. I'm not really enjoying the foiled gold on the bottle packaging though. I feel this is less successful. 

- Link to Barbados Identity
- Embossed Glass
- Detail logo in Glass and Lid 



Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.